Submissions for Hashtag Queer are currently CLOSED
SUBMISSIONS OPEN FOR VOL. 2 IN DECEMBER 2017
Hashtag Queer: LGBTQ Creative Anthology is seeking material for its first edition, to be published this pride season, June 2017. We are seeking short creative work by queer-identified writers and artists &/or on queer themes. We are seeking fiction, non-fiction, poetry, scripts, and visual art. See full submission guidelines below & message us with any questions.
Hashtag Queer: LGBTQ Creative Anthology will be published in print & digitally, compatible with the Amazon Kindle, iOS, Android, and Windows devices in addition to PDF and other downloadable formats and web-viewable formats.
Please read the following submission guidelines carefully before submitting your work to Hashtag Queer: LGBTQ Creative Anthology. If you have any questions not answered below, please write us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to answer.
- Genres: fiction, non-fiction (essay, memoir, creative non-fiction, journalism), poetry, scripts, visual art.
- Erotica & work aimed at children will NOT be considered.
- Prose: Up to 7,500 words
- Poetry: Up to 5 pages per poem.
- Submissions of longer than 10 pages must be numbered.
- Writing: All text submissions must be typed. No handwritten submissions will be accepted. Also, do not mail us your only copy of your work. We can not be responsible for returning submissions.
- Multiple submissions (submitting more than one work) are fine. Send us what you’ve got!
- Simultaneous submissions (submitting work you’ve already submitted–or are planning on submitting–elsewhere) are fine too. Please just be sure that if your submission gets accepted elsewhere, you contact us at email@example.com to withdraw it from consideration for Hashtag Queer: LGBTQ Creative Anthology.
- Reprints will be considered, provided you have indicated this with your submission and the necessary rights have reverted back to you, the author.
- NOTE: Reprints that are still freely available to view online will not be considered.
- For unpublished material we are seeking First English Anthology Rights and First World Anthology Rights.
- For previously published material (reprints) we are seeking Non-exclusive English Anthology Rights and Non-exclusive World Anthology Rights.
- NOTE: These rights only allow the material to be used in the anthology and its reprints, and the writer retains all rights to their work not specified here (i.e. in the contract), including copyright to their work.
- We are also seeking, for all material, Non-exclusive Excerpt Rights (for the purposes of promoting the Anthology on the website).
- We will respond to all submissions within 90 days of our receipt of the work.
- Contributors will receive, as a humble token of our appreciation, $5 per page of their work published in Hashtag Queer: LGBTQ Creative Anthology, with an additional $25 going to the creator of the artwork we select for the issue’s cover.
What to Submit
- Your submission
- A brief bio telling us something about you and (if applicable) any publishing experience
- IMPORTANT: All submissions must include the author’s real name (even if the author wishes to use a pen name) and at least one form of contact information (phone number, email, or mailing address. Please do not give a social media account handle as your only form of contact information.
Where to Submit
Submissions may be emailed to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
or mailed to us at:
PO Box 454
Lanesborough, MA 01237
AGAIN, WRITING SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE RETURNED & ARTWORK SUBMISSIONS WILL ONLY BE RETURNED WITH THE PROPER SELF-ADDRESSED PACKAGING CONTAINING THE PROPER POSTAGE.
- All submissions must be received by April 30, 2017