Submissions for Hashtag Queer are NOW OPEN through DECEMBER 31, 2017
Hashtag Queer: LGBTQ Creative Anthology is seeking material for its first edition, to be published this pride season, June 2017. We are seeking short creative work by queer-identified writers and artists &/or on queer themes. We are seeking fiction, non-fiction, poetry, and scripts. See full submission guidelines below & message us with any questions.
Hashtag Queer: LGBTQ Creative Anthology will be published in print & digitally, compatible with the Amazon Kindle, Barnes & Noble Nook, iBooks, Kobo ereader, iOS, Android, Mac and Windows devices in addition to PDF and other downloadable formats and web-viewable formats.
Please read the following submission guidelines carefully before submitting your work to Hashtag Queer: LGBTQ Creative Anthology. If you have any questions not answered below, please write us at email@example.com and we will be happy to answer.
- Genres: fiction, non-fiction (essay, memoir, creative non-fiction, journalism), poetry, and scripts.
- Erotica & work aimed at children will NOT be considered.
- Prose: Up to 7,500 words
- Poetry: Up to 5 pages per poem.
- Submissions of longer than 10 pages must be numbered.
- Writing: All text submissions must be typed. No handwritten submissions will be accepted. Also, do not mail us your only copy of your work. We can not be responsible for returning submissions.
- Multiple submissions (submitting more than one work) are fine. Send us what you’ve got!
- Simultaneous submissions (submitting work you’ve already submitted–or are planning on submitting–elsewhere) are fine too. Please just be sure that if your submission gets accepted elsewhere, you contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to withdraw it from consideration for Hashtag Queer: LGBTQ Creative Anthology.
- Reprints will NOT be considered. This includes material previously printed online or on social media.
- We are seeking First English Anthology Rights, First World Anthology Rights, and Non-Exclusive World Subsidiary, Excerpt and Reprint Rights.
- NOTE: These rights only allow the material to be used in the anthology, its reprints, marketing materials and merchandising, and the writer retains all rights to their work not specified here (i.e. in the contract), including copyright to their work.
- We will respond to all submissions by the end of January 2018.
- Contributors will receive $5 per printed page of their work published in Hashtag Queer: LGBTQ Creative Anthology.
What to Submit
- Your submission
- A brief bio telling us something about you and (if applicable) any publishing experience
- IMPORTANT: All submissions must include the author’s legal name (even if the author wishes to use a pen name) and at least one form of contact information (phone number, email, or mailing address. Please do not give a social media account handle as your only form of contact information.
Where to Submit
Submissions may be emailed to us at: email@example.com
or mailed to us at:
PO Box 454
Lanesborough, MA 01237
AGAIN, SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE RETURNED – DO NOT SEND US YOUR ONLY COPY OF YOUR WORK
- All submissions for the next volume of Hashtag Queer (Volume 2) must be received by December 31, 2017